Saturday, October 06, 2007

Changes to our Horse family



Hello Grace

It has been a very busy week from last Saturday to today. We traded Roper for this nice 14H registered Pinto. Her name Dreamers Cloudy Sky. VERY nice horse but I am not a gamer and she is not my type. So as soon as I knew Ropers Coggins came back negative I listed her on dreamhorse.com for sale. It wasn't long and I started receiving replies. I EVEN received 3 replies that were scams. Two of them were from England and they are some of those you see on TV that send counterfeit checks. I played some games with them and told them that if I did International Deals it would have to be in American Money, Cash ONLY deals. I never heard back from them again. The other scammer I have no idea where he was from. The other 2 replies were fine. One from a 13 year old and the other a very interested 20 something gal.

Well, the 20 something gal wanted to get a deal going right away because she is busy and next weekend attending some competition in barrel racing. She told me she had an 8 year old mare she had and if I was willing to trade. Again she wanted this deal to go quick. I wanted to know more about the horse she had, see pictures and see it in person. But it didn't go that way this time. I saw the pictures and I LIKED her. Then she told me about her as far as being broke and all that bothered her or didn't bother her. I was real nervous about not being able to see her in person and under saddle. See her ridden and me having that chance to ride her myself. I took the risk and went ahead and made the trade.

So here she comes and there goes Dreamer. The new horses name is Grace. She looks and sounds like something I have been looking for. When she arrived...I loved her. The looks, the disposition, everything. I just cross my fingers she is everything this gal says she is when I get on and ride. Now if the weather would only cooperate. It is either muggy or rainy. Neither one would make a good riding day. I hope to get a lot in before hunting.


Bye DREAMERS CLOUDY SKY

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry you had to sell Dreamer.I miss her alot and wish i hadnet sold her.Sorry that she didn't work out for you..and i hope you had fun with her when you had her.

BarryTerri said...

I am sure you do miss her. But like you she wasn't a good match for me. We were only thinking of you and were more than happy with the deal. Dreamer is in a real good home and they love her a lot. I think of her all the time. No apologizes should come your way. Again it was a pleasure to be able to help you out.

Anonymous said...

Im glad she is in a good home,though i miss her a ton and now regret it more then any thing that i sold her.O.O. She has been haunting me in my dreams.She was the best girl ever. :)

BarryTerri said...

I do know how you feel. The 2 horses we gave away....Sometimes I wish we never did that but we had to do what we had to. It wasn't fair to them if we didn't put the time into them like we wanted. Both of them were challenged horses and too much for us. Found very good homes for both them and they are use to working with those type of horses. We miss them terribly and only regret it some. But it was for the best.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel..aslo.We've sold a couple of horses that ive trained, and become atached to also, like a 12.3 hd gelding that i trained this summer and sold for 900 dollors on the internet..i became very atached to him..as i did DreamGirl. If some one ever sells her for less then 1500 my mom and i would buy her back in a heart beat, as i am looking for a horse..and cant seem to find the right one...i would get out of Pleasure..if i knew that Dreamer was for sale ever again..

BarryTerri said...

How come you are looking for another horse? Roper not working out? I have a couple ads I can email to you. You may find them interesting. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Im sorry i didn't mention this before but.. this isn't the owner who has Roper...Im the second owner who had Dreamer.She orginally came from a girl in Elk River, and we bought her off the internet.We tried her out and we liked her.. actually i did. We took her home a couple days later,to my house, in stead of my cabin where she stayed.At first she had a bit that was really sivere, and pranced alot, so we switched the bit and put a differant one on her and she calmed right down.The next summer i got to know her and, started showing(gaming her and some pleasure),and she didn't really like going into the ring.I rode her all over, bareback, english, western, and even jumped her.I got a differant horse, about 1-2 months before she was sold to Amber, and the one horse we found out in June had a bucking problem and she was HYPP N/H. DeeDee was then sold, and Dreamer was already gone..Witch now the trainer that sold DeeDee owes me a horse.. and im kinda getting sick of it.. and i want to buy dreamer back..im trying to convince my mom in every possible way..if she was ever for sale again.

BarryTerri said...

Oh, Okay...Now I get the conversation. Was it you I had talked to on the phone? Actually I was more than happy to help Amber out. Dreamer was just too much horse for her. And I did have Dreamer listed but then I ended up trading her, only had her for a week. She was a very pretty horse but she wasn't my type. She is in a good home and the gal loves spunky horses. I ended up with a horse I have been looking for and then some. I received her papers and she is bred well. So the trade was a good one. You will have to email me sometime. Address is...btjhiddentrails@emily.net

About Me

My photo
My husband and I live in Fifty Lakes, MN. We own 2 horses, 4 dogs and 2 cats. We LOVE the Up North, Country Farm Life. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
SmileyCentral.com

Feb. 14th 2007

Feb. 14th 2007
Happy Valentine's Day!

February Quote

To often we under estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around

Getting Bigger

Getting Bigger

Number of Vistors to Our Site


I LOVE MY MINPINS

Quote for Today

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with Spring.

Brrrrr....is Right! Jan. 12th 2007

Brrrrr....is Right! Jan. 12th  2007
I hate this cold and I am SO ready for the warm weather.

New Year"s Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is NOT to make one.

MN Appleton"s Lord Rylee

MN Appleton"s Lord Rylee
Our new baby to the household.....Miniature Pinscher, named Rylee

Quote of the Day...Nov 25th "06

Look back on our struggle for freedom, trace our present day's strength to it's source; And you'll find that man's pathway to glory is strewn with the bones of a horse.

You might be a redneck if......

You consider fast food hitting a deer at 65 MPH

THE NEW MOUSER

THE NEW MOUSER
Tater

Reeba and Rikee

Reeba and Rikee
Where is that Squirrel??

Quote of the Day

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.

Labels