Saturday, January 12, 2008

Horse Blanket Day


Once again I am sitting in front of the computer what I should be blogging or posting. We are just about to the middle of the month of a brand New Year and I have nothing to post. Nothing new, exciting....nothing!

The only thing that is happening this month is Brian's 27th birthday.

Oh, I did manage to finally try on this turnout blanket on 3 out of the 4 horses today. I am bracing for the COLD stuff. The horses...I just don't see that thick coat that they usually grow for the Winter. I bought this blanket on ebay and it is nice. So I walked out to the pasture and first tried it on Tori. It fit her to a tee, for now. She is now 3 years of age. She was such a good girl. This one I think is going to be so easy to train, which that will start this Spring. She is finally showing some growth and I know she still has some more growing to do. Next I tried the blanket on Ginger. The blanket was too small. I have had 72" on her before and the ones I have were too big. Must be the type of blanket and whoever makes it. The new one is 70" so now I have decided that I will purchase another blanket from the same place and hope that the new 72" will fit. Then I tried it on Grace. It would fit perfectly if it were an 1" longer....ARGH! So since the 70" doesn't fit properly, I think I am going to pick up another 72". These blankets...I love how they adjust on the front closure.

So that was about the extent of my day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My husband and I live in Fifty Lakes, MN. We own 2 horses, 4 dogs and 2 cats. We LOVE the Up North, Country Farm Life. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
SmileyCentral.com

Feb. 14th 2007

Feb. 14th 2007
Happy Valentine's Day!

February Quote

To often we under estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around

Getting Bigger

Getting Bigger

Number of Vistors to Our Site


I LOVE MY MINPINS

Quote for Today

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with Spring.

Brrrrr....is Right! Jan. 12th 2007

Brrrrr....is Right! Jan. 12th  2007
I hate this cold and I am SO ready for the warm weather.

New Year"s Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is NOT to make one.

MN Appleton"s Lord Rylee

MN Appleton"s Lord Rylee
Our new baby to the household.....Miniature Pinscher, named Rylee

Quote of the Day...Nov 25th "06

Look back on our struggle for freedom, trace our present day's strength to it's source; And you'll find that man's pathway to glory is strewn with the bones of a horse.

You might be a redneck if......

You consider fast food hitting a deer at 65 MPH

THE NEW MOUSER

THE NEW MOUSER
Tater

Reeba and Rikee

Reeba and Rikee
Where is that Squirrel??

Quote of the Day

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.

Labels